Thursday, October 14, 2010

{Phantom of the Opera}


     Ever since I was a little girl, my mom has always loved Phantom of the Opera. She saw it twice when we were little, and would always tell us interesting things about the set, or how much she loved the music. Several years ago when the movie came out, I learned to love it too.  Well as many of you know Phantom is on its farewell tour and is currently playing at The Pantages Theater in Hollywood. 

Well, about two months my mom and I were sitting in the living room, and a commercial came on advertising the show at The Pantages, and my mom mentioned how much she would love to see it. So I had an idea to surprise her with a trip to the show.  Several days later i went down to Ticketmaster, picked out seats, and bought two tickets to the show; all the while my mom had no idea what was going on. I told her that I had a surprise planned for October 7th, and that she had to be ready at 6:15, and to dress up!

So when Thursday, October 7th came, I was SO excited. She had no idea where we were going, but I knew she would LOVE it. On the drive down, I made her wear a blindfold, and off we went! My dad dropped us off on the curb, in front of the building neighboring the Pantages. When she got out she looked around, and then saw the signs for Phantom and her face lit up!!! I can not explain the joyous feeling that I had being able to do this for her, it was great!

We had such a fun night.  She was so happy that we got to go together, and definitely loved the surprise. The show was amazing, and theres nothing like the first time they play the organ and the music fills the theater. If you haven't seen Phantom, I would definitely recommend you do! It's so fun! All in all it was a great night, and I'm so happy that my mom and I got to share that special memory!

Lastly, I forgot the camera, so we only got one picture on my phone! Oh well! :)

xo.
B


1 comment:

  1. So fun!! we're seeing it tonight- I cannot wait! The music is ahhh...so amazing!!!

    ReplyDelete