Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Blueberry {crumble} Muffins

Brunch is my favorite meal. I love to make it and i LOVE to eat it. I think just the whole concept of it displays decadence. Sleeping in. Eating buttery, creamy, fresh foods. Drinking ice cold juices and warm, flavorful teas.  And just the whole creative world to explore while decorating. Its like a tea party you can attend wearing pajamas. I could go on, and on, but I digress. 
One of my favorite breakfast brunch foods is blueberry muffins. For the past couple months I've searched for that perfect muffin recipe. The one that even before you make it, you know its the one. Well ladies and gentlemen, I have found the one.
The past 5 days or so I've been sick and my appetite is minimal. This morning I woke up planning on making blueberry buttermilk pancakes, but as I walked into the kitchen, i just wasn't feeling it! So i hopped on my computer and Googled around and came upon a recipe for blueberry muffins. I further browsed the website and observed that this would be my "these are the best muffins EVER" muffin recipe. Anything with the word 'crumble' in the title is a winner. Crumble cake. yum. crumble topping on a muffin. double yum. So i whipped these suckers up and BAM. I had my long lost muffin recipe. Seriously, these pictures don't do them justice.
They're a m a z i n g. For real. 
{recipe is courtesy of this young lady's blog found here}
I N G R E D I E N T S
{for the muffins}
~ 1 1/2 C all purose flour
~ 1/2 C white sugar
~ 1/2 teaspoon salt
~ 2 teaspoons baking powder
~ 1/4 C vegetable oil
~ 1 egg
~ 1/3 C milk
~ 1 C fresh blueberries
----------------------------------------------
{for the crumble topping}
~1/2 C white sugar
~1/3 C all purpose flour
~ 1/4 C butter, melted
~ 1 1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon

D I R E C T I O N S
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Grease muffin tin or line with baking cups.
2. In a large bowl, combine flour, sugar, salt and baking powder. Stir until combined.
3. Add vegetable oil, egg and milk into flour mixture. Mix.
4. Fold in blueberries. Fill muffin cups right to the top.
5. To make crumble topping, with a fork, mix together: flour, sugar, butter and cinnamon. Sprinkle over muffins before baking.
6. Bake for 20-25 minutes, or until done.

tips&&tricks; 
     ~use fresh blueberries, they're better 
     ~sprinkle the crumb topping over the muffins generously. (I completely covered the muffin mixture underneath)
      ~ this recipe made me 9 very large muffins, so if you're considering making these for entertaining double or triple the batch as needed. The muffins are very filling tho. 
Right out of the oven. mmmmm.
The finished product.
Excuse my gingerbread men baking liners, it was all i had left!

Enjoy!
XO
B

     



No comments:

Post a Comment