Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Creamy {Basil} Salad Dressing

Growing up, one of my favorite things to do was go to dinner at The Spaghetti Factory in Hollywood. The meals are always served with salad or soup. Their house dressing was our family's favorite, and we sometimes would buy some extra to take home. Recently when I was playing around with recipes, I discovered the exact creamy basil pesto salad dressing recipe I have fawned over for years, score! I literally could eat this stuff by the bottle, with some lettuce on the side, of course!
INGREDIENTS:
~ 3/4 C oil
~ 1 C mayonnaise
~ 3/4 C buttermilk
~ 2 T grated Romano
~ 1/2 t crushed dried basil
~ 1/2 t salt
~ 1 clove garlic
~ 1/4 t paprika

DIRECTIONS:
1. Whisk together oil and mayonnaise. Add buttermilk, cheese, basil, salt, garlic and paprika. Mix thoroughly.
2. Cover and let flavors meld overnight in refrigerator.

I promise this is thee best salad dressing you will every taste!
Enjoy
XO
B

No comments:

Post a Comment