Tuesday, February 8, 2011

In The Name Of {Love}


I usually don't admit this in public, but Valentines Day is my favorite holiday (Christmas doesn't count, or else it would be a no-brainer; Mariah Carey isn't allowed to audition for American Idol, you know.)  Even since I was little, I've always loved all the decorations, cards, candies, flowers, songs, and movies that come with this special day. I would spend hours, literally, preparing my valentines to take to school. Just the other day i spend an hour and a half wandering around the Valentine's section in Target, soaking it all up(The Proposal was only $10). Obviously I've only had one actual real-life "valentine" but that was last year, and its safe to say the tradition will not be continuing this year, but I digress.
I think its so cool how all the candy companies go all out with the repackaging of their candies.  Seriously, my favorite candy, York peppermint patties, are heart shaped this year, with pink filling. When i saw this, my heart was definitely bursting with joy. I think Valentines day obviously is mostly geared for couples in love, but I've always used it to just remind those around me I love, that i love them! 
My mom and I  always gets each other something cute, sometimes having to do with Valentines day, and other times not. I remember one year I bought her two pink mugs from Starbucks that have coasters with hearts on them :). We usually give my dad and brother candy...because they aren't pink's biggest fans. 
The only thing i dislike about Valentines day is that there is lots of cute candy sitting on our counter, which I often eat. Instead of eating it I took a picture, thats at the top of the post. Definitely not as satisfying. 
Well if you're stumped for what movies to watch on Valentines day, I got you covered, with my top ten favorite romance movies, in this post here :). Since that post, other movies have come out, and I would add "Letter to Juliet" to the list.
And if you're into making mixed C.D.'s here is the link to my favorite love song. EVER. Smother Me- by The Used.
Another creative idea for this day is something I discovered when I was about ten, and I love doing it. Make a heart shaped fried egg for your "sweetheart" (I did this while making my parents breakfast ;). Simply pull out a heart shaped cookie cutter. Heat the skillet with butter. Place the cookie cutter on the skillet and crack the egg inside. Cook until done and simply remove the cookie cutter and place the egg on the plate (with bacon of course) and enjoy! It wont damage a metal cookie cutter, but please don't use plastic, thats just a sad mess waiting to happen :( 
I will hopefully post a red velvet recipe before next Monday, which is my favorite V-day dessert, or anytime dessert actually. :)
xoxo
B
 "Love is patient andkind; love does not envy or boast; it is not arrogant or rude. It does not insist on its own way; it is not irritable or resentful;it does not rejoice at wrongdoing, but rejoices with the truth. Love bears all things, believes all things, hopes all things, endures all things."
1 Corinthians 13:4-7


1 comment:

  1. You are too cute Brookie!! Thanks for the cute breakfast idea!! =)

    ReplyDelete