Monday, April 25, 2011

{Chile Lime} Salmon

These past few weeks have been c r a z y, which is to blame for me not posting anything in a while! But hey, I'm not complaining! The Lord has been heaping blessings upon my head these past weeks, more than I ever could have thought possible; and definitely much more than I deserve!! In the midst of things I had a chance to make this dish a few days ago for the second time, and it is definitely a winner. Its a great marinade, and super simple to throw together!
I don't have any pictures though, because i had to make it on the run, and gobbled it up before the camera even had time to get out of my bag ;)

I N G R E D I E N T S 
~ 1 pound salmon fillets (tilapia works just as good too..)
~ 1/4 C olive oil
~ 1/4 C fresh squeezed lime juice
~ 2 T chopped fresh cilantro
~ 1 T minced garlic
~ 2 t chili powder
~ 1 t ground cumin
~ 1/2 t salt

D I R E C T I O N S
1. Pat salmon dry with clean paper towels. Place salmon in a 1 gallon recloseable bag.
2. In a small bowl, combine remaining ingredients. Pour over salmon; seal bag. Gently toss to coat salmon. Refrigerated 30 minutes or up to 2 hours. (no longer than 2 hours; the citrus will begin to deteriorate the meat)
3. Line baking sheet with aluminum foil; spray with no-stick cooking spray. Remove salmon from marinade; discard bag. Place salmon, skin side down, on pan.
4. Bake in a preheated oven at 450 degrees, until salmon flakes easily with a fork. (about 10 minutes per inch of thickness)


"The LORD your God is with you, He is mighty to save.
He will take great delight in you, He will quiet you with his love,
He will rejoice over you with singing." 
Zephaniah 3:17


Enjoy
xo
B

No comments:

Post a Comment