Thursday, January 12, 2012

Gourmet Spinach and Burger Salad (+seasoning)


The past few weeks, its been pretty warm here in LA., and I've found myself eating more salads. This salad is one of my all time favorite meals. Its so easy to make, yet interestingly gourmet, and a great alternative to just a plain 'burger and bun.' For the record, I think I also enjoy it so much because it includes three of my favorite ingredients. ;) This recipe makes a single serving.

Gourmet Spinach&Burger Salad
------------------------
INGREDIENTS::

+ 2 C spinach
+ 1 turkey burger patty, seasoned (recipe for seasoning is below)
+  1 T slices Jalapenos
+ 2 T crumbled feta or blue cheese
+ 6  rings yellow onion
+ 2 T balsamic salad dressing

DIRECTIONS:
1. Cook burger patty in an iron skillet for about 4 minutes each side, over medium high heat. Set on a plate to rest when done.
2. In pan used to cook burger, melt 1 T butter. When butter is heated place onion slices in pan and allow them to get soft. They are done when the onion is transparent and starts to brown on the edges
3. Bed the spinach in a large bowl. Cut the burger into cubes and place meat on salad.
4. Top with jalapenos, cheese, and salad dressing.
[I also like to add alfalfa sprouts if I have them, for a yummy treat]


enjoy!!

[[ BURGER SEASONING]]
I use this every time I make burgers. It makes a frozen patty taste great, and adds a yummy smokiness to fresh turkey or beef burger.
INGREDIENTS::
+ 2 1/2 T paprika
+ 2 T table salt
+ 2 T garlic powder
+ 1 T porterhouse seasoning
+ 2 t black pepper
+ 1 T white pepper
+ 2 t ground mustard
+ 1 t cayenne pepper

Just rub a bit onto each side of the patty before cooking.







No comments:

Post a Comment