Thursday, July 15, 2010

The Always Elusive Pink Flamingo

       Last Thursday while i was pulling up to my home I glanced across the street to my neighbors yard and noticed a new addition to their house.  Gathered in the front yard was a group of about 7 pink flamingo lawn decorations.  My mom and I joked about going out that night and moving them all to the other side of the lawn as a joke.
      Well after going to dinner with a friend that night, I returned to see all the flamingos were gone!  I was perplexed and rather peeved because we wouldn't be able to play our little joke on our neighbors.  Throughout the next week I would casually glance over into their plain, flamingo-less yard wondering why they ever decided to take them down. (aside from the obvious reason; fake pink flamingos are not exactly considered to be a refined choice in lawn ornament) Well today (a week from the first flamingo sighting) I woke up and, to my joy, saw all the birds back in their yard!!! I was so happy and my mom and I were planing to do our dirty work of rearranging the birds once the sunset.  After coming home from dinner I looked outside and to my terror - All the birds were gone again.
       I'm sad to say i have been out smarted TWICE by pink tacky lawn ornaments.  I have no idea why they are peacefully there and then gone the next minute, BUT next time i see those birds outside, I'm moving them, even if its broad daylight.  I know this probably sounds stupid and pointless, well thats because it is.  But its just a bit of harmless fun (:
<3 

1 comment:

  1. hahahaha
    awww I'm sorry!
    well, it just calls for another "decorative night" right?
    ((;

    ReplyDelete