Friday, July 16, 2010

My Favorite Things (:

The nice thing about summer is that you can do pretty much whatever you want.  This summer especially, I am free to indulge in some of my favorite things. In no particular order, here is a VERY modified list of some of my favorite things, and why I love them so much. (:
sushi, with lots of wasabi!! I love everything about sushi, and pretty much every kind of sushi. Its so delightful (:


Peacock feathers. All the colors are perfect, and its such a beautiful display of our Gods creativity


Starbucks Passion Tea. First of all, its pink so it MUST be good. But also its super cold and refreshing. I drink probably at least 10 cups a week!


The beach. My favorite thing about the beach is the water. I love that its so cold and untamable.  Its such a serene beautiful place to relax and appreciate our creator! 


This photograph by Scott Mutter.  I have it hanging over my bed and something about it, i love. I'm not sure why but from the time i first saw it, I adored it.


I love all zoos. I seriously could watch animals for hours upon end. But the Santa Barbara zoo is my favorite! Its not too hot, so the animals aren't sleeping, and during the week is usually isn't over crowded! I love this place (:


Deer! Over the many road trips my family has taken Ive seen thousands of deer. I love watching them graze and just walk around because of their graceful beauty. They're such calm and lovely creatures.


The Twilight Saga. I love the movies and the books. I could never read/watch them enough.


Don Cucos!!! My favorite restaurant EVER! All the food is delicious and mouthwatering. While waiting for you food there is endless chips, salsa and sour cream.  I would definitely recommend this place!
 
Avocados. Aside from being delicious, they're also good for your skin and hair. I eat them on EVERYTHING.  And theres also a salsa i make with avocados that is YUM!


The Grove. If you've never been to the grove, you're in for a real treat. Located in the heart of LA Its a beautiful shopping strip along with tons of yummy places to eat! I love going here on a summer night and walking around and grabbing a bite to eat with friends. 


Yes To Carrots skincare line.  All their products are buttery smooth and naturally good for you!


Sunflowers. Theres no flower that really looks like a sunflower, and they're so beautiful! I love the joyful air they give off.  


Quarterback Sacks in football. I am WELL aware that it is not football season yet, however I am anticipating its arrival!  My favorite part of the game is when the quarterback gets sacked and pounded to the ground. I don't know why I love it so much I just think its the most non-textbook part of the game. It doesn't seem refined or planned, which is my favorite thing about sports: everything is unexpected.


Bleu Cheese. I think this is a love it or hate it kinda food. And i definitely love it! I could eat bleu cheese by the pound.  One of my favorite treats is a bleu cheese, grilled cheese sandwich, cooked on thick cut sourdough bread. Its so rich and creamy, nothing beats it.


The Habit! If you haven't eaten at the habit, you are either living under a rock, or you don't have a pulse yet.  They make the best burgers and fries ever. Its the perfect combination of ingredients, and not expensive at all. I really wish i ate here more than I do. Its by far my favorite fast food restaurant, and if you have yet to try this place, please do! For your sake :)
 
Last, but certainly not least: Oneighty.  Oneighty is the youth group at the church i attend: Grace Community Church.  The staff is a group of the most godly people I probably will ever meet.  They always show us an example of what it truly meant to pursue personal holiness in every aspect of our lives.  Each and every event they plan us is a blast and the fellowship with the other students in the group is always great! The best part is only about 9 days away; Summer Camp in New Mexico! Best. Week. Ever.
<33

1 comment: