Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Goodbye, Grandma

Easter Egg hunts. Ping Pong Gun fights. Santa. Jello. Thanksgiving. 5 hours of opening presents.  These are just a few of the memories that have taken place at my Grandpa and Grandmas house in Burbank.  Ive gone over to their house at least once a week since I can remember. One of the fondest memories is going over to their house on Christmas Eve to open presents with all my aunts, uncles, cousins, and other close family friends.  It was about a 5 hour ordeal because my grandma would put together stockings for all of us (thats about 30+ stockings, might I add) and then each person had gifts from everyone else who was there, as well as about two or three presents from my grandparents. A few years ago, my grandma developed Alzheimer's disease and things were never quite the same, and its so sad to see people forget things that happens immediately. Other people that Iv'e talked to have always noted how the person's demeanor changes, and they usually become more irritable.  However, this never happened with my grandma, she is by FAR the kindest, godliest, and most patient woman I've ever met, and still is to this day.  This weekend she is being moved to a nursing home in Cambria, California.  Its going to be strange not having her living three blocks away, but its for her good.  Tonight we're having a going away dinner for her.  Sadly, she doesn't remember that shes even moving, or why she has to go to this nursing home. But when she is taken home to heaven, she will have a perfected mind and body, and I can not wait to reunite with her there :)
I love you grandma!!


No comments:

Post a Comment