Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Twelve Extraordinary Women


This week I was in the hallway and decided to stop and rummage through a box of books that my mom had set out.  Inside was a copy of John MacArthur's book Twelve Extraordinary Women. It sparked my interest, and so i began reading it!  If you haven't read this book, you really should! I'm not finished with it yet, but i love it already, and am so encouraged! The book starts off by talking about Eve, and her creation, temptation and life.  Its so powerful to just re-read some of the creation account, and the commentary in the book opened my eyes to just how much we can learn about womanhood from the creation of Eve alone.  The book also explores women like Sarah and Ruth, as well as Mary.  Its not just an account of these Godly womens lives, and the example they set for us, but it truly explains the role we are to take on as women.  It has encouraged my soul already! God loves everyone so deeply, but he has such a special role for us to take on as women after his own heart.  This book is awesome and i would encourage everyone to read it!

No comments:

Post a Comment